Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spicy Chicken Wraps

I think it's about time for a recipe. 

This meal was inspired by a President's Choice flyer. After looking online, trying to find out what the recipe entailed, I came up empty. I just studied the picture and created my own interpretation. 

This makes about 4 large wraps.

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • Large wraps
  • Canned corn
  • Red pepper
  • Onion
  • Brown Rice
  • Cayenne pepper, chipotle pepper, Chili Powder
  • Guacamole
  • Salsa
Steps:
  • Cut the chicken into strips and season with cayenne, chipotle and chili peppers (about 1 teaspoon/5 mls each).
  • slice the red pepper into strips, dice the onion. I used about 1/2 the pepper and 1/2 the onion.
  • drain the canned corn, and put about 1/2 into a bowl and spice this up a bit too with 1 teaspoon/5 mls of cayenne pepper.
  • add chicken, pepper, corn and onion to a pan on medium heat. Stir and mix every minute or so.
  • following the directions on the rice, prepare about 1 cup. Once done, season the rice with the same spices are before.
  • as your spicy chicken & veggie is cooking, and your rice is seasoned, start laying out the wraps.
  • On each, put a spoonful of guacamole and salsa.
  • Add about 2 spoonfuls of spicy rice, and the chicken veggie mix.
  • Wrap up and enjoy!
I am terrible at wrapping these things up, but I manage. I want to suggest a pitcher of margaritas with your wraps, too.

2 comments:

01 09 10